- Blackout when survival starts
- More weapons, decor and junk
- Easter egg added
- decorated a bit, added furniture to interiors
- added more weapon/ammo spawns
- added player clips
- addressed all known navmesh issues
- replaced scavenge gas cans with normal ones
- replaced mounted gun with minigun
- survivors now spawn in front of the survival radio
Handy dandy FAQ
Q: Why is the file size so large?
A: The map uses many resources from other Source engine games.
Q: Why so few weapons/ammo spawns?
A: I don't want to make the map too easy. Go visit the gun shop across from the hospital; it's filled with every kind of weapon you could want. Melee weapons and guns are also scattered throughout, you just have to look around.
Q: Why can't I get in the gun shop door?
A: You're supposed to break through it with the axe that's lying beside it.
Q: Why are the hospital and school so small?
A: Sgt. Sickness' words: The source engine couldn't handle it if they were full sized. The map is huge already.
How is this different from the original RP_SilentHill?
- added necessary survival stuff
- use rescue radio in diner, lights go out, siren plays, survival starts
- boom box in diner added, when used plays a song: End of Flowers - "In This Life We Are Utterly Alone" (I own the copyright)
- added weapon/item spawns
- fleshed out world with decorations
- replaced incompatible models
- added lots of neat stuff in gun shop, removed unnecessary buttons
- extended school hallway into dark abyss
- added halo of the sun symbols and hidden graffiti messages
- added particle falling ash
- tweaked model fade scale and far z
- added clip brushes
- moved hospital interior from "void" to make it an actual part of the building
- removed all need for teleports
- added alarmcar by gas station (shooting it also starts survival)
- pretty much every window is breakable
- tons of optimization: nodraw, fade scale, visclusters, skybox work etc.
- skybox is empty and very small now, since you can't see it through the fog anyway.
- added easter egg in one of the trailer park houses
Welcome to Silent Hill. This survival map is huge and it's easy to get lost, so stick together. It features a hospital, school, church, gas station, grocery store, gun shop, trailer park, furniture store, a few diners and more. Try to find the hidden graffiti!
I ported Sgt. Sickness' final version of RP_SilentHill to survival. I couldn't get hold of the original author, but I'll remove this if he asks. The file size is large because the map uses a lot of HL2/CSS content.
Now Silent Hill's favorite mascot can follow you everywhere ...and you'll wish he didn't. This cute ...mod
Font similar to the one used for the Silent Hill games.You need the font installed on your system.ww...mod
banner requires iframes
Be the first to provide a video for this add-on!