+ Original Campaign
+ Hilarious Scares that made me and my friends exited to keep playing
+ A full five level campaign
+ Survivor lines well placed throughout
+ Less linear in some levels, giving the choice of freedom and the feeling of uncertainty (in a good way)
+ Amazing sound design
+ Small scripted sequences that make the campaign so much better
- A few invisible props/walls that were meant to be deleted
- Possible to get stuck in a few spots
- My group personally missed where to go at one spot and spent awhile looking
- A few points where items were in the ground/wall
- A few scares were reused or were no longer scary due to location
- Missed opportunity with the "haunted church bell"
Depending on who you are, the other comments of the campaign not being scary or that the ending is far to difficult can be blessings or curses.
I, for example, loved the lack of truly pee-worthy scares, as it would have detracted from the L4D2 gameplay.
I also liked the long and difficult ending when played on normal, but found it was indeed very long, surely to long for any difficulty higher.
The "Haunted Church Bell" is a note on the wall mid-way through the campaign, talking about how the church bell is haunted. I was wanting to have the church bell go off and something really scary to happen, but neither showed up at all. Seemed like a missed opportunity.
All-in-all, this is easily one of my favorite campaigns for L4D2, and is much fun. Be the fact you're laughing at a scare that scared a friend, or you're fighting off witches while avoiding ghosts, you'll have a blast in this campaign. Just play it with friends and with the lights off. Not guaranteed to scare, but it's fun never-the-less.
+ Looks quite a bit like the ride.
+ I like how you positioned some zombies to work with the ride.
+ Some details are spot on.
- No sound, I understand if it's broken, but somebody, be it valve, or you, needs to fix this.
- Lack of grenades in almost all parts of the level.
- Way to easy. I played it Singleplayer Expert, and only got downed twice, and that was by specials and lack of help from the bots. Put more hoards, and let them have choke points, where they can get you easier.
- Lack of direction at some points.
- Unsatisfying ending.
- Lack of melee weapons through almost all the ride.
- Not an amazing nav, as the bots will literally jump off the ride and go adventuring on their own.
I very much wish this wasn't the complete version, as this map could be very fun, especially for the people who have ridden the ride before, but alas, I guess we will never REALLY get to do this ride in all it's glory.
As said before, very easy, I never got hit by a common. Not once.
So I suggest a download for people who have ridden it before, but not really to anyone else...
+ Amazing atmosphere.
+Zombies come from both directions, like they always should've.
+ Auto start survival, gives it a neat improv feel to it.
+ Did a good job at not making cheap spots to hold for 10 mins easy.
+ Nice big map.
+ Well done voice acting that makes the place feel more like an Aperture Science space station being controlled by an evil computer, even if it isn't GLaDOS.
- Lots of doors are locked.
- Easy to get lost.
- Auto start survival, makes you miss the setup periods.
Amazing map, I had a ton of fun with it, but it can get a little frustrating with the difficulty that comes with the auto start timer.
My suggestion, make two versions of this map, one with auto start, one without, that way you have a flavor choice added into the mix.
+ I like the setting.
+ Seems like it would be fun and challenging for group games.
+ Fairly good editing to try and fix survival from being cheap.
+ Pretty fun!
- Lots of doors that are locked.
- Some parts are odd in the fact that some obstacles are there that you HAVE to go around.
- The hoard never ending hoard on level 2. Not only does it not make sense that it never ends, but it is almost impossibly hard if you're on your own, even on normal.
- The campaign start doesn't have a "Safe Zone" around it, so zombies can attack you instantly. Also, at the beginning, some times the bots won't pick everything up that they need.
- Not many good areas to do survival in.
- Bots won't follow you most of the time.
- Weapons aren't spread out enough, encouraging you to stick close to the middle.
Neat idea, but due to it's hardness, it seems a little to harsh for a one man show. Get some friends and it seems like it would be great.
Finish it up, and I think it'll be a fine map.
+ Great replication.
+ Very epic, especially at the beginning, where you're holding the wall and flames are spreading everywhere.
+ Very fun map to setup and play.
- There's an annoying flash that will happen to almost all the textures when you're outside, but it doesn't detract from the action.
- It's way to easy, I've gotten gold on it multiple times, and I stink at survival.
- The stairs to the top of the tower are fun, but only special infected and Tanks will be able to climb up, and they're slow while doing so.
- The hoards have some problems finding you/spawning the farther you get into the map.
- For some odd reason, there will be a ton of witches that spawn at the back of the map, all in one spot, but there's no reason for them to be there.
Greatly fun map, definitely going to keep this one.
If a few bugs were fixed, this could be one of the best maps of all time.
+ Very nice setting, I loved the beach/forest idea.
+ Great places for Special Infected and Hoards to spawn in/hide.
+ Was a very fun map to play on.
+ Not a load of good weapons at the start.
+ Well done waterfall effect.
- Kind of short first level.
- Some graphical errors, like brushes not lining up, and, of course, the missing texture on the building behind the safe room.
I would've liked to see the tank spawn a little later in the level, but ether way it works fine.
I just wish the next level was out by now!