- The campaign was very innovative with plenty of creative events.
- The HL2 music worked perfectly with it.
- Map designs were very good and creative.
- Great panic events.
- Level detail decreased as the campaign progressed.
- Countless areas where the bots had nav issues.
- Tier 1 weapons throughout the entirety of the campaign with the only tier 2 weapon being the hunting rifle.
- No first aid kits at the beginning of the 3rd and 4th levels.
- The 3rd level was ridiculously LONG. Cut it in half and make it a 5 map campaign.
- The stairs in the prison of level 3 slowed you down way to much when you went up them.
- The bots fell off the train very easily in the 3rd level.
- A general lack of survivor closets.
- The finale level was very bland and could use a lot more detail.
Overall, this campaign is pretty good. It's level design and creative events were very enjoyable, however there was a great decrease in quality as the campaign progressed. Level 3 was just ridiculous. When the bots died at the train I had to fight my way through the last part of the level alone, which included taking down a tank with nothing but a hunting rifle.
I really think this campaign is great, it just needs more work and I hope to see it more polished in the future.
- Spectacular level design
- Extremely innovative
- Custom voice acting
- Based off of Dawn of the Dead 2004 (and does a good job of remaining true to it)
- Very fun to play
- Literally the best campaign I have ever played.
- Lack of subtitles for voice acting
- No reminder to use "snd_rebuildaudiocache"
- Bots tend to lag behind at times
This campaign is absolutely amazing. There are so many good things to be said about it that I'd rather not start because the list would go on forever. It's so professionally done and very fun to play. And as a huge fan of the Dawn of the Dead movie I loved seeing parts and areas that I could recognize in the campaign. The only problems that I have with this campaign are very minor. Since I love to know every word of voice acting that's being said a lack of subtitles frustrated me a little when the action was too loud to understand what was being said. Also, at certain parts the bots lagged behind, but I was playing with a friend so it didn't really matter. Lastly, there really should be a reminder about rebuilding the audio cache as I forgot the first time and it's required to really enjoy this campaign.
Overall, I know I'm going to be playing this campaign many times more and that anyone who owns Left 4 Dead should download it and play it immediately!
- Very innovative.
- Loved the armored car idea!
- Atmosphere was pretty good.
- I had fun playing it.
- The campaign gets really laggy at times.
- An excess of hordes.
- You can actually see the hordes spawn and sometimes they even spawn right on top of you.
- At the end of map 1, the supplies in the safehouse disappeared.
- At times the textures just seemed ugly (i.e. the floor of map 1)
- There are some glitches. (i. e. the armored car was awesome but once it crashed me and my friend who were in it got stuck in one of its walls)
Even though this campaign has a number of flaws, the innovation seen throughout the campaign really makes it a fun campaign to play. As long as you can handle some glitches and a great sum of hordes. I would recommend you play with other humans however, as it makes it way more enjoyable.
I really hope you do more work in regards of tweaking this map, because it is actually quite good. It just needs a number of fixes to really get its higher.
- Innovative and nicely integrated panic events. (i.e. the crashing plane and the train)
- Loved the idea of using the car to finish the 2nd level.
- Maps were nicely structured and flowed well.
- Seemed too short
- Not sure if I just had bad luck, but on both the 2nd and 3rd level I had two tanks. And yes, on the third level that was 2 tanks before I even got to the finale.
- Finale was too easy.
I very much enjoyed playing through this campaign. It was very innovative and integrated events very nicely. However, I felt it was too short. By the time I had reached the end of the 3rd level I was sad when I realized I was already at the finale. You had done such a great job that I was left wanting more. There was the incident involving 2 tanks on both the 2nd and 3rd level, but I don't know if that was just my bad luck. It was no real problem as I was only playing on Normal but on harder difficulties that can be really bad.
Overall, this is a great campaign that I would definitely recommend playing through. You just might be sad when you reach the end though, as you'll probably want more.
- The lighting in this campaign was amazing.
- The level design was magnificent, and really created the atmosphere of a military operation gone wrong.
- Attention to detail was very good.
- There were no major flaws in the bot navs.
- It was very original, especially when it got to the finale.
- When I started the campaign at the very beginning I was killed instantly, however when I restarted the campaign it ran fine.
- The finale level didn't have the crescendo feel that a finale level is supposed to have. The level itself was a little too long and the finale was too easy so the entirety of the final level comes out to be as exciting as any of the other levels.
- I don't quite understand how the rescue took place. It really needs a proper ending sequence.
Even though this campaign has a few flaws it is DEFINITELY worth playing and is easily one of my favorite L4D downloaded campaigns. I hope to see just a few more tweaks done to this campaign to really make it perfect though.
- Well mapped.
- Good level design.
- The number of hordes kept me on edge, but was not enough to overwhelm me.
- The end of the third level, the slow-opening safe house door with the oncoming horde was a JERK thing to do but really added to the gameplay aspect.
- The bots would not react to spare med kits. This was really bad and especially noticeable at the beginning of the fourth level when the bots (none of which had a med kit) would not pick up any of the 4 med kits on the table outside of the safe house.
- Personally, I didn't like how you put the majority of the supplies OUTSIDE of the safe house at the beginning of each level. It kinda defeats the purpose of having that time to prepare.
- On the second level, the bots would not get on the elevator in the tunnel system.
- The finale was really easy due to the fact that there were about 8 med kits in the area.
- On the finale, there was no script of the escape helicopter actually flying away. The scene just changed to the safe house at the beginning and slowly faded to the credits.
All in all, this campaign is pretty decent. I enjoyed playing it, but there's just a number of details that should probably be adjusted/fixed to make this campaign even better.
-Good map designs.
-I didn't play versus, but I imagine the first level can set up for some pretty interesting infected against survivor gameplay.
-Campaign feels too short.
-The finale is impossible currently if you're playing by yourself. There's a bug where even though it's a scavenge finale, the game treats it as a defend finale. So, after the second tank is killed the escape vehicle music plays and there is a constant spawning of hordes and tanks even if you haven't collected all of the gas cans yet.
You have the makings for a good mini-campaign right here. It was fun until I reached the impossible finale, as of which the incompetence of bot AI and the constant onslaught of hordes and tanks as I was frantically trying to recover the last few gas cans overran me. Fix this major bug and the campaign should be pretty enjoyable all the way through.
-Fun and and challenging gameplay.
-Good panic events.
-Lack of ammo and abundance of guns. I find this aspect particularly enjoyable because it forces the player to change their primary weapon relatively frequently; in a way demanding a sense of weapon flexibility from the player.
-Uncommon infected. I love how you incorporated all of the uncommon infected into this campaign and in areas of general relevance.
-None that I can think of.
This campaign is very well put together and very fun. All of the maps are very good quality and unique in their own way. This has got to be one of my favorite L4D2 downloaded campaigns, and I can't wait to see the campaign in its complete form. I can't wait to see what you do with the finale and I hope to play it soon!