• Bots can use melee weapons. (can be toggled)
• Bots will continue to play after you have died instead of ending the game.
• Bots will react much faster to a player being attacked by a special zombie.
• Bots can perform some simple actions, such as closing safe room doors.
• Bots will move around a player instead of shooting through them.
• Bots are much more likely to save their first aid kits for a player.
• Bots will try to stay in a tighter group with the player.
• Bots may take the lead for the group instead of always relying on a player to. (can be toggled)
• Control the bots with a few commands. (Press ALT)
• Easily change the map and game mode while in-game. (Press F1)
• Easily take control of another bot anytime during a game. (Press F2)
• Easily change the difficulty of the game at any time. (Press F3)
• Teleport bots back to you if they get lost or stuck. (Press ALT)
Works for all game modes.
Updates listed below.
May 18, 2013
• Achievements are no longer disabled by default. They will only be disabled after you use a bot command.
• Added the option to select a specific chapter of a campaign in normal, realism and versus modes.
• Bots will now give the player more breathing room to shoot.
• Bots will now prefer to stay in a tighter group behind the player rather than around the player.
• Bots will generally react a lot quicker to a player being attacked or constrained.
• Bots can now detect threats from further distances.
• Bots will react more quickly to special infected in the area.
• Bots will no longer start playing a map while players are still loading the map.
• Restored default friendly fire values. (Since it shouldn't be much of a problem any more)
• One bot will now prefer to carry a melee weapon, unless a player already is.
• Bots should be smarter about avoiding hazardous obstacles, such as fire.
• Fixed an issue that caused the radial menus not to open sometimes.
• Removed option to have bots lead. (This function doesn't work with some of the new scripts)
• Removed option to play with default bots. (Just disable the add-on if you want default bots)
• Added console commands: bots_radial, maps_radial, char_radial, diff_radial, cycle_chars, bots_toggle_move, bots_toggle_fire
January 5, 2013
• Added console commands to toggle each of the radial menus so you can now bind them to any key that you want to. This is mainly to add compatibility for keyboards that do not include the F-keys.
bots_radial = Bot commands menu
maps_radial = Map/mode menu
char_radial = Character menu
diff_radial = Difficulty menu
December 15, 2012
• Added an option to the single player menu to load custom maps. Note: Bot commands and character switching will be disabled on custom maps. There is nothing I can do about that, sorry.
December 13, 2012
• Fixed an issue that was causing the current mutation to not appear on the main menu.
December 11, 2012
• Single player games can now be paused again.
• Bots will now stay in a tighter group again. (was broken in a previous update)
December 9, 2012
• Added a proper menu to the "play single player" option on the game's main menu, so you can now choose which game mode and map to play on without having to start a game through the console.
• Added radial menu to quickly set the difficulty in-game. (Press F3)
• Made single player the default option on the game's main menu.
• Moved button to manage add-ons to the game's main menu.
• Added button to enable and open the developer console to the extras menu.
• Bots will now not lead by default if game is started through the console. (for custom maps and mutations)
• Changed the file that the new features are stored in so that it does override a file that people commonly use for custom configs and scripts.
• Re-added friendly fire on normal difficulty, but reduced friendly fire damage on normal, hard and expert difficulties for all modes except realism.
Normal friendly fire damage: 1% of weapons's regular damage.
Hard friendly fire damage: 4% of weapon's regular damage.
Expert friendly fire damage: 8% of weapon's regular damage.
December 8, 2012
• You no longer need to start the game through the console! You can now select "play single player" from the game's menu, and you will see my custom menu for single player games. (see note)
• Switched character changer to a radial menu.
• Switched map changer to F1 key.
• Switched character changer to F2 key.
• Added vocalized responses when character is switched.
• Fixed the map changer menu so you no longer have to hold the button down.
• Moved The Passing to be between Dead Center and Dark Carnival on the map changer.
• Bots will no longer pick up sniper rifles.
• Fixed a rare issue that prevented bot commands from working.
NOTE: Right now, the single player menu is limited to only allowing you to choose whether or not bots will lead, then it starts the game on Dead Center with that setting. In the future you will be able to set the game mode and select any map to start on as well, but it's going to take me some time to figure out how to create sub-menus. I have the sub-menus created, but connecting them is rather tricky. Once I figure out how to do that, I will create a proper menu for you guys.
December 7, 2012
• Combined both previous versions of the mod. You can now toggle whether bots will lead or not via the new Map Changer feature. NOTE: This is NOT a command, it is the first of three steps on the map changer. You must complete all three steps, choosing the type of bots, the game mode and the map, before the settings will take effect.
• Redesigned the Map Changer to work as a radial menu.
Hold down the CAPS LOCK key to bring up the Map Changer menu.
Follow on-creen instructions to choose settings, mode, and map.
• ALT now opens up a radial menu containing all of the bot commands.
Press ALT once to open the menu, press it again to close it without choosing an option.
You can tell bots to hold their fire, hold their position, teleport them to you, or set the maximum number of melee weapons they can use.
• Added the option to play with the game's default bots to Map Changer.
• Map Changer now lets you choose specific maps for survival and scavenge modes.
• Switched the character changer to keys F1-F4.
• Switched Louis and Bill around on the quick character changer.
• Switched voting keys to F5 and F6.
• Bot commands will now use vocalized responses instead of text in the chat box.
• Changed the first game mode that appears in the Map Changer to normal instead of versus.
• Added the bot_controls command, which, when typed into the console, will display a list of all the new controls for you.
• Reduced the default number of bots who use melee weapons down to 1. (None if a player has a melee weapon)
• Bots with melee weapons will no longer stray from the group to get to their target.
• Bots will try to stay in a tighter group when not leading.
• Removed friendly fire damage on normal difficulty.
TIP: You can use the quick-switch buttons to take control of a bot to pick up any extra grenades you find. While they won't use them, you can quickly switch back to them anytime to throw it, then switch back to the character you were playing.
December 6, 2012
• Bot Commands
Press the left ALT key to tell the bots to hold their current position.
Press the CAPS LOCK key to tell the bots to hold their fire.
Press either key again to toggle either of them off.
Press the F12 key twice to teleport all bots to your current location. (useful if bots get stuck somewhere)
Press the 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 keys on the NUMBER PAD to select how many bots will take melee weapons. 0 disables the use of melee weapons, 4 allows all bots to take melee weapons.
• Map Changer
A very useful feature for those of you who like to play alone: you can now change the map or game mode from within a game.
Press the F1 key to select the game mode.
Press the F2 key to select the previous map.
Press the F3 key to select the next map.
Press the F4 key when you have the map and game mode you want selected to switch to it.
• Character Changer
I've added a quick and easy way for you to change your character in-game, so you can play as any character you want or take control of a bot when you die.
Press the F5 key to play as Coach or Bill, depending on the campaign.
Press the F6 key to play as Ellis or Francis, depending on the campaign.
Press the F7 key to play as Nick or Louis, depending on the campaign.
Press the F8 key to play as Rochelle or Zoey, depending on the campaign.
In order for you to use these new features, you will need to start a game through the console rather than the menu. For convenience, you can simply type "play" (no quotes) into the console to start a game, then use the new Map Changer once in-game to select the map and mode you'd like to play.
August 3, 2012
• Updated compatibility with Rayman1103's Mutation Mod.
June 20, 2012
• Removed message saying that the survivors have been overwhelmed when the player dies.
• Bots will now consider 80% of temporary health as real health when deciding if someone needs to be healed.
• Mod title and description have been changed.
June 8, 2012
• Fixed bots teleporting through certain points in certain maps.
• Fixed bots being able to help others up from further away than they should be able to.
• Fixed bots running too far away from players at times.
• Mod should now work in all game modes.
• Updated compatibility with Rayman1103's mutation mod.
March 25, 2012
• Reduced delay for bots to evaluate their positions in combat.
• Increased the bots' awareness of a player needing to be revived.
• Bots are less likely to heal a survivor who has temporary health.
• Increased the distance bots can stray from the player. (Although one bot will always prefer to be near the player)
March 1, 2012
• Added compatibility for Rayman1103's Mutation Mod.
If you have this mod and Rayman1103's Mutation Mod installed at the same time, you may need to refresh the load order for them to work correctly. To do this, just delete the addonlist.txt file, located in the Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2 directory.
February 29, 2012
• Bots will move around a player instead of shooting through them, so the player's aim will not get messed up.
• Max number of bots that will prefer to carry a melee weapon instead of pistols increased to two.
• Bots are much more likely to save their first aid kits for a player rather than healing themselves or another bot.
• Bots may take the lead for the group instead of always relying on a player to.
February 28, 2012
• Added support for realism mode.
• Added support for survival mode.
February 27, 2012
• One bot will prefer to use a melee weapon over pistols if no player is carrying a melee weapon.
• Bots will continue to play after you have died instead of ending the game.
• Bots will react much faster to a player being attacked by a special zombie and will prioritize helping them.
The full description of the mod is in the changelog. To view it, click the icon in the top-right corner of the preview images above.
This mod makes several changes to bots to make them act more like human players and make them more reliable as teammates. They can use melee weapons, rescue you if you die, react quicker to a teammate being attacked by a special infected and much more.
Note: This version of the mod is not intended for servers or multiplayer. Please use the simple version for that. This version is intended for offline single player use.
Makes various improvements to the game, including: adding the MP5 SMG, allowing you to use melee wea...mod
The full description of the mod is in the changelog. To view it, click the icon in the top-right cor...mod